Sunday, April 22, 2007

~A New Life has begun~



As Spring is already here.. many of us are excited to plant flowers and seeds. And yes.. I'm one of the gardeners who can't wait to paint the garden with colors. Before Easter I started soaking my seeds, a few days later I checked and there they are with white tails . And some looking puffy, ready to burst. So I started sowing them in egg containers and meat trays and muffin containers with dirt. Don't laugh at what I use, it's just I was too cold to go down and washed all my pots. So whatever was around in my kitchen for recycling was used as my seed potting cell. Hey it works for me all the time. I thought, hmmm. if seeds can grow in the meadows, fields and forest without a gardener's sterilizing their spots then they can grow at any containers. I take risked because I have a bunch of seeds saved from last summer so if I made a mistake or planted them too early I can always start a new set. Anyway this is all just for fun (gardening indoors) while waiting for a good weather. My rule of thumb.. I can always direct sow the seeds on the ground in May. I have a few seeds that are easy to grow and I know them well, how long it takes them to sprout.

Here's my science experiment:

The preparation of germination.


And voila!!!!, the newly born seedlings!


In any kind of containers.



In a muffin container.


In a modern way, using the pellet.


In my classic way, using the cups.



In their new mansion house. An early mother's day gift of the kids. Them too can't wait to make me happy. When they saw me checking out my seeds, they have to give me this now. Before I just used to put them on the window sill. Now I'm getting more serious and I'm planting more seeds than I ever did before. I think soon I'll need a farm to sow all these seeds. That would be the end of my back.


In a meat tray, inside their ranch house.


In my old fashion way, using the egg containers.

Oh the fun I'm having with these seeds.

Tell me which one has a better hairdo. From the left: Delphiums, Campanulas and Zinnia.



I move them all the time, to where they can get light. They're getting taller that they're ready to jump to my flowerbed. I just need to train them first, take them out for a few hours, to get use to the weather and wind. Then I can transplant them to their own beds. I hope to do it soon, as the weather permit me.


Today I was able to blog hopping to many gardens. So good to see others flower pictures , how they think and care for our environment. Tips and tricks they spread to make us all successful gardeners is very much appreciated. I like to pass on to you too what I have learned from them and from books/magazines I've read so we can create our little spaces, a happy and colorful place to live in.



Thanks for dropping by ladies and sending notes. I will visit u again.